The weather is getting warmer, the sun is shining more, and that can only mean one thing: Summer is coming! If your idea of the perfect summer vacation includes a cross-country road trip, you are not alone. Thousands of American families plan their perfect road trips during the warmer months.
From quick weekend jaunts through your region to long-distance drives from coast to coast, it is important to take some precautions. This includes performing preventative maintenance on your car. The last thing you will want is to be stranded on the side of the road far from home.
If you operate a semi-truck or trailer, then you truly understand that preventative maintenance can make your drive easier and can save you the expense and headache of making emergency repairs unexpectedly.
Before you set out on the highway, here is your Pre-Roadtrip Checklist:
• Ensure that your oil has been changed recently.
• Check your air filters.
• Check your wiper fluid, as one random rain or hail storm could wreak havoc on your ability to see properly and drive safely.
• Flush your radiator, especially if you haven’t done so in a while.
• Check the headlights.
• Check both your power steering and brake fluid.
• Make certain your tire iron, jack, and a spare tire are all packed and in good condition in case a roadside emergency arises.
• Bring a plastic funnel to add coolant or other fluids, or bring a larger water bucket in case you need to collect water for emergency coolant.
• Always fill your gas tank when it hits the half-empty mark. Leave home with a full tank.
• Check the condition of all your tires. Look for signs of strain, bulges, or wear and tear, and check the tire pressure.
• If you will be traveling through a hot or arid climate, check your air conditioning.
• Invest in a protective cover for the grill of your vehicle, or cover headlights with a protective shield to prevent damage caused by bugs.
• Make sure that you have sun protection for your windows and windshield.
• Make sure your car’s owner’s manual is within reach.
Of course, the best way to prepare for a road trip is to have your car serviced and inspected by a certified and highly-trained technician who can easily pinpoint problems. It is best to take care of any lingering issues well before you hit the road.
A&M Truck & Trailer Repair wishes you safe and happy travels. Our team services and repairs trucks and trailers of all sizes, and our goal is to get you on the road and to your destination as quickly as possible. We strive to provide quality workmanship and excellent service, each and every day. If you are looking for truck and trailer repair services in Greenwich, Ohio, give us a call for more information: 419-929-4127, or visit our website for more information: http://amtrucktrailerrepairinc.com/.